Based on my last experience with the radiators, I was understandably nervous, but since the temps were only going to continue south, I bucked up, towel in hand, and faced my fears.
Steps to prep the radiators:
- Read comments online and overhear conversations from friends that they had heat inside.
- Check our radiators only to find no heat.
- Read a Facebook comment about a friend knowing the secret to unlock the heat.
- Call said friend to learn the secret of bleeding the radiators.
- Proceed to face my fears of going near the pressure release valve that once gave me a free shower.
- Prepare a bucket to catch water and a towel far to small to actually clean up anything more than a few drops of water.
- Cautiously open the valve to release any trapped air that prevented the hot water from entering the radiators.
- Allow 2 minutes of bleeding.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with all 5 radiators in our house.
- Wait until the official turn-on date.
- Repeat steps 6-9 to release additional trapped air.
- Enjoy the toasty warmth of indoor heat!