All Chinese apartments have their quirks, and ours is no exception. Just to name a few ...
- Purple dragon tail - greeting us each time we enter
- Mermaids lanterns and other light fixtures – always a sight in apartments
- Purple flower slip covers on the couch
- Greek goddess hall art complete with spotlight
- Door art on both the bathroom and kids’ room doors
- Michael Jordan - pencil sketch of the best basketball player of all time
- Other "art" - throughout the apartment covering things unsightly are framed unsightly art
With these quirks, we could lose sight of the upside. The apartment has plenty of ...
- All our boxes – in our apartment, up six flights of stairs, waiting for us
- Flat screen TV – can you say movie night
- Walk-in shower – bye-bye shoilet
- No beds in the play room – more room to play
- Storage galore – a Chinese apartment with closets is unheard of
- Cold water dispenser – we’ve always had hot water dispenser, but this one also produces ice cold water
- Hot water in the kitchen – no more totting water from the bathroom
- Bath tub for the kids – now will they get a bath more often than once a week?
- Window in the living room – yeah for natural light in the main room
- Air conditioner – it’s been running pretty much nonstop
- Roof access – our very own roof top patio with a view of the city skyline and river