November 28, 2010
Turkey Day 2010
Happy Thanksgiving from frozen Harbin.
Of course, it's still winter outside, but inside we've had quite the Thanksgiving feast. Each person signed up to bring their Thanksgiving best to the potluck meal. And because we're so competitive, the dishes were amazing. Even the paper goods were by far better this year than last year.
Thanks to the Foreign Affairs Office here, we received a Thanksgiving turkey, seasoned and roasted as gift for the day. Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without the turkey.
After the meal, we all stayed around the play games and singing worship songs. Some braved the 20 degree weather to play a game of football, while the "old ones" stayed inside to play board games. We wrapped up the night by watching an NFL game with teammates. Nothing feels more like Thanksgiving than friends, games, and football.
So the list of thanks...
- for heat to keep our apartments, classrooms, and anywhere inside toasty
- for our awesome family, that's you guys
- for the many supporters back home
- for everyone remembering the work through prayers
- for teammates who encourage and share life we us and like to play games
- for kids who always keep life interesting
- for the cans of pumpkin pie filling we received in the mail
- for students willing to talk in a foreign language
- for football and the technology to watch a game in China