We're amazed at how quickly we're once again celebrating a new year! Happy New Year 2011! 新年快乐！ Last year was great and to celebrate we've put together some of the greatest moments from 2010 (in chronological order). There were many, many, many more. For more great events from 2010 search the archive on the blog.
1. Bringing Corbin home from the hospital (technically in 2009, but by the time we got the passport and residence permit it was just about 2010). An awesome beginning to the new year.
2. Then I received a free shower courtesy of a little accident in our apartment building's lobby.
3. During the spring semester, we began both Common Grounds English coffee house and the Life Education lectures. We've had a great year at these events discussing matters of eternal importance with students. We hope these two event continue into 2011 and beyond.
4. Around spring break, my family visited China. It's great to show them around Harbin and introduce them to our life and work on this side of the ocean.
5. Summer time begins a trip back to Texas to show off Kanyon and Corbin to friends and family (and we got to visit with each of you guys too)
6. We begin each new school year with new teammates. This year's team is simply amazing and it's quickly turned into a giant family.
7. Over the past two years, we've developed a friendship with a Chinese teacher and her husband. The relationship has really blossomed this year into a true friendship with each of us inviting the other to share into our lives and grow together as believers.
8. Then comes the holiday season. We celebrated Kanyon's 3rd Birthday with three cakes (football, basketball, and soccer) and by opening a few gifts early.
9. The year began with Corbin coming to Harbin and culminates with his first birthday party. He loved his very own very hungry caterpillar and green icing of course.
10. The year ended with the surprise Christmas arrival of our teammates' baby boy. He arrived unexpectedly early, but healthy, and is now part of our team.
There are so many more highlights from the past year. Each of these are only possible through your generous support and prayers. Thank you for a great 2010 and we're looking forward to seeing and sharing how the Father's at work in 2011.